Six months ago my fitness goals for this year would have been different than they are now. I would have listed possible achievements that centred around speed – a sub 21 min 5k, a 1:45 half marathon and a 3:40 marathon. I had reached a level of fitness and confidence that meant these were within reach. However, with the current state of my ankle these will not happen this year.
Short term goals:
- Run 5k distances regularly without pain.
- Deadlift more than my body weight – 70kg seems like a good number to aim for.
- Add a weekly session of yoga or Pilates or at the very least an hour of stretching at home.
- 5 strict press ups.
Long term goals:
- Unassisted pull ups! Still my fitness holy grail.
- Pistol squats – darn near impossible but all the more reason to practice.
- Take part in an ultra in 2014.
- Run a 6 minute mile.
- Do a Colour Run and a Tough Mudder.
- Add more sports to my routine. I’d love to spend more time rock climbing, playing squash and swimming front crawl at a decent pace.